Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities (PACU)
Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities (PACU) is the oldest among the members of COCOPEA, the umbrella organization of private higher education associations in the country together with CEAP, ACSCU, PAPSCU and TVSA.
The Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities envisages NATION-BUILDING through TRANSFORMATIVE PRIVATE EDUCATION in a deregulated environment for the GLOBAL FILIPINO.
The Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities is a SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE organization which STRENGTHENS its members’ CAPABILITIES, strives for their international recognition, and advocates RELEVANT and EFFECTIVE education policies.
Objectives: In General
To ADVANCE and PROMOTE the EDUCATIONAL WORK of all the private colleges and universities in the Philippines, particularly the institutional members herein, so as to ELEVATE CONTINUALLY the STANDARDS of education therein, and CONTRIBUTE to the DEVELOPMENT of responsible, GLOBALLY COMPETETIVE citizenship among the young of the land.
Thrusts and Programs
- Maintaining good international relationship and understanding through education
- Democratizing access to higher education, especially for the middle and lower classes of Filipinos
- Participatory democracy as the firm foundation for policy formulation, decision making on basic educational issues
- The attainment of the educational goals and objectives in the Constitution
- Institutional excellence and quality standards in all levels of education geared towards preparing the Filipino
- Educational reforms and innovative programs for national growth and development
- The right to enjoy institutional autonomy and academic freedom
Thrusts (Credo, 1932)
THE Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities (PACU), as a NATIONAL, NON-POLITICAL, and VOLUNTARY educational association of national and international standings, founded in 1932 by a group of Filipino educators, stands committed to:
DR. ANTHONY JOSE M. TAMAYO
ENGR. BERNARD NICOLAS E. VILLAMOR
First Vice President
MR. MARCO ALFREDO M. BENITEZ
Second Vice President
DR. VICTORIANO B. TIROL III
MS. LAURICE FAYE R. JUAREZ
Academic Management Seminars from 2018 to 2021
- Making K-12 Work
- The Art and the Practice of Deanship
- Emerging Leadership Training
- Creating a Culture of Institutional Excellence
- The Avalanche is Here: Surviving the Avalanche